Friday, January 6, 2012

Mechnical Pencils


While you are waiting to see the segmented pens I am working - you know the ones that required special glue for the aluminum - I thought I would post a photo of s batch of mechanical pencils I recently finished. These are without a doubt, the most demanding writing instruments I create. They require an incredible degree of precision to work correctly.

They use a Pentel mechanism. Long used amongst draftsman and engineers and known for their reliability.

In this group, are a number of colorful woods. From left to right: verawood, desert ironwood, purpleheart, cocobolo, desert ironwood, olive, tulipwood, bocote, and zebrawood. I think I have every continent represented here. Nope. Nothing from Australia.

If any of these interest you, contact me directly.

Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment